Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Attention to All Club Officers

Monte Simpson - K2MLS has been asked to implement some new goals of the WWA Section in his role as Assistant Section Manager.

These new goals are:

1. Develop and implement youth outreach program.
2. Attract more people young/old and in between to become involved in the hobby
3. Attract more hams to the ARRL

He would like to hear from you what programs you may have in place at this time geared towards youth, the recruitment of new hams and membership in ARRL.

Please send replies directly to Monte at k2mls@arrl.net.

73
kim ac7yy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have only just started, but I am working with my son's cub scout pack.
Each event I attend I have on my HT and make a point of making at least a quick QSO on the local repeater. One day I placed an auto-patch call and soon had quite a gathering about me.
I am also trying to get my club more active in the ARRL Kids Day Events.
I look forward to hearing other ideas to spur on interest as I believe this can also revitalize a comfortably complacent club.